Trader Seafood AfricaUtrecht, The Netherlands or Capetown, South Africa
Over organisatieOur client is a leading marketer of proteins produced around the world with business in 140 countries. Sustained double digit growth is as much a result of its strategies as it is because of the skills and strength of the global team. Strong guiding business principles paired with flexibility and people-focus has created a result driven team with a healthy work-life balance. The many languages and cultures present in the company create a fun, exciting and diverse work environment. The organization is continually expanding its global reach, providing a positive and challenging workplace with many opportunities for its employees to put their mark on the Food Service, Retail and Food Processing business. We are looking for a new member for Africa Seafood Sales out of Cape Town, South Africa or Utrecht, The Netherlands.
Dynamic role with direct impact on growth of the seafood department
- Responsible for growing seafood sales in Africa and thus expanding the seafood department by strategically buying and selling seafood products with a long-term vision.
- Budgeting, forecasting and implementation of business objectives to meet sales targets for the African market.
- Independently negotiate, close deals and supervise the correct implementation of trade agreements in close collaborations with colleagues of the Logistic, Financial and Quality Department.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with existing suppliers and customers and bring in new suppliers and customers in order to grow seafood trade in this area.
- Recognize, analyze and respond to trade opportunities by creating new distribution channels.
- Acting as a global expert on procuring seafood products, such as Mackerel, Salmon or species specific to the Africa continent.
- The Seafood Sales individual reports to the General Manager.
Ambitious Seafood Trader coming in with known suppliers and customers as well as a never-ending appetite for more
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent proven experience.
- A minimum of 5 years successful buying and selling seafood.
- Proven track record with trading in the (West) African market is a must.
- Experience in direct and indirect sales with strategic buying and selling processes.
- Fluent in English and French, both speaking and writing.
- Willing to travel several times a year.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Business acumen and drive.
- Motivating others and growing business.
- Entrepreneurial mindset; ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Leading by example.
- Ability to set and achieve personal goals.
- Detail oriented.
- Proven familiarity with knowledge of production and sales cycles for Africa based seafood species.
Opportunity to work in a fast pace business environment and build a long-term career in the field of trading at a leading marketer of proteins. The role provides you the chance to make a direct impact on the company’s growth. The job requires a high degree of responsibility and autonomy and offers a competitive remuneration package. Work hard, play hard is in the core of the company and they celebrate success.
Our client has outsourced the Recruitment and Selection for the position of Trader Seafood Africa exclusively to CeresRecruitment.
A personality questionnaire will be part of the recruitment process.