Trader / Business Development Manager AsiaBased in China / Asia
Are you the “intrapreneur” who is going to set up a business for fresh fruit and vegetables in China and the Asian region? If you have knowledge of market developments and trends in food retail and wholesale in Europe and/or Asia and want to live and work in China we are looking for you!
Over De Groot International
Since the early 30’s, De Groot International BV has been supplying a wide range of fruits and vegetables (particulary specialized in overseas products) to a steadily increasing and loyal customer base of Europe’s largest retailers and wholesalers. In the Netherlands and Belgium, the company has four climate-controlled locations at its disposal, totalling 40,000 squared metres of floor space. Besides this the company also uses computer-controlled banana maturing rooms and packaging lines. Distribution and transport are done by their own logistics.
A worldwide representation in producing countries guarantees a continuous supply of the highest-quality products and in recent years De Groot International has grown to become a leading player in the fresh produce industry. The base of the success of this innovative company is the flexibility within the organization and chain and the high quality requirements (certification BRC, IFS, Skal, RIK, AEO), in combination with a very strong commercial spirit.
In total De Groot employs approximately 180 people. The Third Generation of the De Groot Family is now managing the company with the same commitment and passion for the product, customers and colleagues as previous generations.
International business development role in fresh fruits and vegetables in Asian growth markets
- Sets up and implements the strategic commercial policy for the Asian market in close cooperation with the Commercial Manager.
- Trades the entire range of fruit from origin to the Asian market.
- Developing, building and maintaining long term relationships with customers and expanding the existing customer base.
- Negotiates and closes contracts (weekly, yearly etc.); monitoring the whole sales process.
- Handles customer claim management associated with Product Management/Quality.
- Monitoring the market situation, following trends and developments and searching for new opportunities.
- Identifies and anticipates on customer needs and acquires thorough understanding of key customer needs and requirements.
- Has a holistic approach through all customer levels and determines sales strategy per assigned customer.
- Depending on your personal development and growthfigures, there is the opportunity to lead a team and a local office in Asia in the near future.
- Reporting to the Commercial Manager in The Netherlands.
Chinese / Manadarin-speaking trader with organizational skills and keen eye for opportunities
- Completed Bachelors or Masters studies with a focus on Sales or Business Administration.
- Experience in a similar position in FMCG in Asia, preferably in vegetables and/or fruit or in selling other perishable products like fish, dairy products etc.
- Experience in dealing with FMCG to retail and wholesale organizations throughout Asia.
- Understanding of the different Asian cultures is a must.
- Knowledge of quality systems/food safety standards is an advantage.
- Flexible and willing to travel.
- Fluent in Chinese / Mandarin and English, both written and spoken.
- Open and constructive communicator on all levels.
- Proactive and results-driven.
- Commercial attitude and strong negotiation skills.
- Team player.
- Hands-on approach.
- Analytical and solution driven.
- Capable to share information internally.
- Stress tolerant.
A dynamic sales- and business development role with a lot of responsibility to realize ambitious growth goals within a family owned company with a longterm view. Due to the core of the products, fresh & fast moving, the organization is daily, both literally and figurative, in motion. To lead such a dynamic environment in the right direction, short lines of communication and quick decisions are necessary. This directly shows an important part of the culture that identifies itself as informal, direct, no nonsense and with common sense.
De Groot International has outsourced the Recruitment and Selection for the Trader / Business Development Manager Asia exclusively to CeresRecruitment.
Comprehensive information regarding the company can be found at www.degrootinternational.nl
A personality questionnaire will be part of the recruitment process.