Sales Director – UK/Europe (no longer possible to apply)Home office with travel
FarmRoad, with its head office based in Auckland, New Zealand, is a global technology company specialized in controlled environment agriculture. FarmRoad’s products are designed for medium to large enterprise growers operating greenhouses in mid to high tech environments. FarmRoad is investing in developing solutions for growers utilising AI, machine vision, data science and plant biology. By using data from a greenhouse and combining this with plant physiological models a grower can optimize the condition for their crops with crop management software (FarmRoad) and wireless sensor networks (Folium).
FarmRoad is made up of a group of dedicated growers, scientists and horticultural technology experts who share the vision of making the best solutions in the world at a price that growers can afford. With a large focus on tomato production, FarmRoad customers also grow many different crops including peppers, cucumbers, berries, leafy greens, medicinal crops and cut flower production.
The company is dedicated to achieving customer satisfaction and to establish long-term relationships. It possesses a company culture which is innovative, collaborative, team oriented, agile and supportive.
From their research and development centre in Auckland, New Zealand and offices in the US and Malaysia, they support a diverse community of growers and distributors around the world. In order to facilitate expansion in the Europe/UK region we are searching for an entrepreneurial Sales Director – Europe/UK.
Market and customer development in EMEA region
- Facilitate growth and development of new and existing customers within Europe/UK region.
- Own business development and sales of Folium (wireless smart sensor network) & FarmRoad (crop management software).
- Develop the go-to-market strategy for Europe alongside the Head of Product Marketing.
- Work with marketing to define and create a compelling customer proposition for Folium and FarmRoad in the marketplace.
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations.
- Work with Product Development (and R&D) to feed customer and channel feedback into product development for features and functionality to drive sales growth.
- Develop partnership opportunities with industry players.
- Prepare and negotiate commercial contracts for customers, achieve sales figures, profitability, and account results within the assigned accounts, territory, or market segments.
- Identification and report of market, competition, industry trends, and product opportunities.
- Manage the day-to-day business by closely cooperating with the internal departments to provide support and technical information to customers.
- Manage the sales pipeline using CRM system ‘Hubspot’ for Folium and FarmRoad sales.
- Take part in specialist or multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Travel to clients' locations to conduct interviews or product demonstrations.
Self-Starter, client focused and result driven
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Economics, Business Administration or Management.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role as (International) Sales Manager, Account Manager, or Commercial Director.
- Experience and an existing network in the industry is preferable.
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English, both oral and written. Spanish (optional, but preferred).
- (Inter) national travel.
- Self-starter and results oriented with a positive outlook.
- Focus on high quality and customer oriented.
- Strong communication skills, comfortable in dealing with a range of people.
- Flexible with entrepreneurial mind set.
- Takes initiatives, always on the lookout for sales opportunities.
- Keen for responsibility and accountability.
FarmRoad offers a challenging position with room for your own initiatives and input. Your entrepreneurial mindset and sales results are rewarded with a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits.
A personality questionnaire will be part of the recruitment process.