Regional Product ManagerOss, The Netherlands. In combination with Home Office
Are you a commercial driven Product Manager, who wants to lead portfolio development and provide marketing and sales support? Would you like to work for a successful international company that makes pet food taste great? We are looking for you!
Over AFB International
AFB International is the global science and technology leader in pet food palatability. They develop and produce a full range of liquid and dry palatability enhancers. As expert in pet food, AFB International is partner with pet food manufacturers to create better-tasting dog and cat foods, treats and supplements, meeting the specific needs of the pets and pet owners they serve. AFB’s vision is driving discoveries to create a world of happier pets. AFB strives to achieve this vision by providing pet food solutions that enrich the relationship between pets and their people. Their scientific approach and advanced technology help their customers maximize performance in an increasingly competitive marketplace. They deliver superior products and services that contribute to the health and wellness of companion animals worldwide.
The company is part of Ensign-Bickford Industries, Inc. (EBI), a privately-owned high technology conglomerate, and has offices and/or production facilities in the USA (global HQ), Europe, Latin America, Mexico, Australia and China. The location in Europe is based in Oss, The Netherlands. This site has a state-of-the-art high-tech production and research facility for the European market. For the ambitious European business unit we are looking for a Regional Product Manager. You will work closely with Global Marketing, R&D, Sales and Supply Chain.
Product leadership of portfolio development and associated marketing and sales support
- Successfully lead the regional (new) product portfolio in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Develop and execute product and pricing strategies. Forecasting, budgeting, annual pricing and daily pricing requests.
- Train, equip and support the regional sales team to effectively present AFB’s solutions.
- Participate in customer visits and develop cooperative relationships with the key customers.
- Implement commercial (or go-to-market) campaigns for regional product launches with sound value propositions.
- Responsible for regional marketing communication and event management with the support of the corporate marketing & communication team in the US.
- Collection, analysis and presentation of market information and competitive intelligence to formulate meaningful analysis that drives improved decision making.
- Achieve regional revenue and profit growth targets.
- Leading and coaching the Associate Product Manager.
- You report to the Sales & Marketing Manager EU and be part of the Sales & Marketing team.
Team player with customer focus and leaderships skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communication or other relevant areas.
- Relevant working experience in B2B environment (+/- 7-10 years). Specific experiences desired include product management, marketing and sales.
- Background in (pet) food and/or feed industry is a plus.
- Proficient in data management skills including Excel and CRM system (Salesforce).
- Preferred (but not exclusive) experience as line manager of small teams (1-2 members).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written fluent in English. Fluency in Dutch would be a plus. Feeling comfortable in an international environment.
- Willing to travel mainly within Europe, approximately 10% of the time.
- Good sense of teamwork and presentation skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Customer and market focus.
- Ability to understand corporate strategy and goals and translate it to marketing, product and selling strategies.
- Self-starter who enjoys taking on new challenges and is able to work independently.
- Natural leader.
AFB International offers an interesting opportunity to contribute to the growth strategy and strong ambitions of an international and innovative ‘niche-player’ with an open and entrepreneurial culture. A professional environment where taking initiative and creativity are highly appreciated. Decisions are taken quickly thanks to short communication lines. They offer a competitive remuneration package. Based on your unique skills, experience and background there are career opportunities within AFB International.
The recruitment for the Regional Product Manager has been exclusively outsourced to CeresRecruitment. Comprehensive information regarding the company can be found at www.afbinternational.com and www.ensign-bickfordind.com. A personality questionnaire will be part of the recruitment process.