Over CargillWith over 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Cargill has 155,000 employees in 70 countries/regions who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where people live and work. Provimi joined the Cargill family of businesses in 2011 and is a world leader in animal nutrition and its related know-how. It employs over 16,000 people in 87 production centers in 30 countries and exports to over 100 countries. The Provimi portfolio taps into Cargill’s global network for innovative research, technical knowledge and software expertise to create feed solutions for all species, including ruminants, poultry and swine. With premixes, additives and specialties such as piglet feeds and milk replacers, Provimi offers customized options to meet the needs of any operation. This is backed up by Cargill’s expertise in compound feed, supply chains and risk management that all work together to create high value added products. Provimi develops, manufactures and markets a full range of products, from complete feed to specialties and from premixes to concentrates. For their production location in Rotterdam we are searching for a Quality Manager.
Leading position within Cargill’s FSQR European operation
- Accountable for the implementation of all food safety (FS) programs, quality (Q) programs, product specifications and the regulatory (R) programs within the location.
- Ensure compliance with company, governmental and customer requirements and expectations, also by creating procedures and work instructions.
- Interface effectively with customers, ensure products meet specifications, answer questions & solve customer problems.
- Leading all external audits on-site, such a GMP+, SecureFeed, SKAL and NVWA.
- Part of FSQR auditor pool; responsible for 1 internal audit each year in another Cargill plant and occasionally supplier audits.
- Managing two direct reports and responsible for their talent management including selection, training development, performance management, engagement and personal safety.
- Working closely with FSQR teams across Europe to harmonize and implement the same standards in all Cargill locations.
- Reporting directly to Operations Manager and a functional reporting line to FSQR Manager Premixes Europe.
Talented quality professional with eye for detail
- BSc. or MSc. in Animal Science, Animal Nutrition, Food Sciences, Nutrition & Health, Food Technology or comparable.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar job within production environment.
- Good knowledge on Food Safety and Quality and experience with auditing and risk management.
- Strong people management and project management skills.
- Fluent in English and Dutch.
- Strong listening and (interpersonal) communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational, prioritization and time-management skills.
- Results orientated with ability to proactively address customer opportunities.
- Passion for quality and service-minded approach.
- Long-term focus and relationship builder.
- International scope, ability to work with different cultures.
- Detailed and able to delegate.
- Critical and able to prioritize.
Cargill Provimi provides a diverse, supportive environment where you will be able to grow personally and professionally by stretching your abilities and channelling your talents. You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid privately-owned companies in the world.
Cargill has outsourced the recruitment and selection for the Quality Manager exclusively to CeresRecruitment.
A personality questionnaire will be part of the recruitment process.