Quality Assurance Coordinator (vervuld)Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Over De Monchy International
De Monchy Group starts history in 1851 as a family-owned company, trading spices and agri-commodities. De Monchy Group has a solid reputation which serves as the basis for business activities. De Monchy Natural Products BV (DMNP) is specialized in supplying a select group of spices (vanilla, cinnamon and essential oils) to the fragrance, flavor,- and seasoning industry. DMNP has built business on intensive cooperation with local partners in the origin countries. The culture of DMNP is characterized by entrepreneurship & passion for what they do. The central office is located in Rotterdam, with subsidiaries in Madagascar and the USA. The trading activities are global. We are searching for a Quality Assurance Coordinator to be based in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
Leading position for managing quality standards in trading activities
- Maintain, optimize and implement quality and food safety management systems in line with BRC, Organic, FairTrade, etc. and company and customer specific requirements.
- Guide the customer approval process by completing ingredient questionnaires, sending product samples for testing to laboratory and clients and follow up on results, provide certification documents and ensure reliability of certification paperwork.
- Assess (customer) standard requirements and ensure that these are met by performing internal audits. This includes specification management.
- Control EFSA & FDA regulations interpretation & compliance.
- Set up new procedures perform risk-based analyses, standards and instructions.
- Carry out supplier audits & improvements coordination (travel is required <10%).
- The Quality Assurance Coordinator reports to the Director.
Pragmatic and people-oriented QA Professional
- BA level in Food Technology, Chemistry or comparable study.
- Experience in technical/quality related role in the food industry is preferable.
- Understand and have knowledge of quality management systems.
- Follow and understand EU rules and regulations and be able to implement them in systems.
- Accredited Internal Audit Qualification would be beneficial.
- Fluent in English and Dutch.
- Diligent and high attention to details, systematic way-of-working.
- Hands-on and willing to become a specialist with regards to the products.
- People person, sensitive for cultural differences and human interaction.
- Team-player, but capable to achieve objectives as an individual.
A challenging position where (personal) growth and development are the key. International working environment and appealing products. Excellent remuneration package. International team of 10 FTE in DMNP, close cooperation with QA colleagues within Monchy group (11 FTE). Development potential, the current QA manager would like to transfer responsibilities during 2020 in case of the right candidate.
Comprehensive information regarding the company can be found at www.monchynaturalproducts.com.
A personality questionnaire will be part of the recruitment process.