Lid van de Raad van CommissarissenRotterdam
Over Cefetra Group
Headed by the Rotterdam-based company Cefetra Group B.V., the Cefetra Group consists of various agricultural commodity trading and supply chain management companies, with leading brands within the agribusiness: Cefetra, Tracomex, Premium Crops, Royal Ingredients Group, BioCore and Sedaco. Together, these companies employ more than 500 people in 34 offices located in 20 countries around the world and they work closely together to guarantee the best possible service to their customers. They develop supply chains with suppliers and create value by sourcing raw materials and supplying the international food and feed industry. Together they supply more than 21 million tons of agricultural bulk and specialties.
Since 2013 the Cefetra Group is part of the German BayWa group of companies. BayWa is a leading trading and services group in Germany and is listed on the stock exchange. Its core businesses are agriculture, (renewable) energy and building materials. With more than 22,000 employees in 40 different countries, BayWa has an annual turnover of around 17 billion euros. More information can be found at www.baywa.com and cefetra.com.
The Cefetra Group management consists of three board members. These are Mr Daan Vriens (CEO), Mr Remco van Gelderen (CFO) and Mr Robert van der Zee (COO).
Based on Dutch corporate law Cefetra Group has to fulfil the rules regarding the so called ‘verlicht strucctuurregime’ (two-tier board) and will install a supervisory board. This will consist of five members of which the works council is entitled to nominate two.
With roots in the animal feed industry as a supplier of various proteins, cereals and oilseeds/(veg)oils, the Cefetra Group wants to expand its portfolio in the coming years and transform into a trader of high-quality ingredients. Supported by its clear 'Road to Ingredients' strategy, the Group is actively seeking for new growth areas within, particularly, the food, petfood and bioenergy markets. With the development of long-term goals, several companies have recently been established, making the strategy already successful.
As a company they take good care of their employees and other stakeholders. The tagline ‘supportive by nature’ emphasizes the values of their brands and businesses. Independent, efficient and customer centric are the basis of their unique positioning, supporting the Group's growth in the coming years.
For the Cefetra Group sustainability is a strong business driver. Since 2020, the group has covered 100% of its electricity needs with renewable energy. In addition, subsequent targets are a 22% reduction in greenhouse gases and energy consumption by 2025, with the ultimate goal of climate neutrality by 2030.
It is within this scope that the members of the supervisory board will have to play an important role in advising the board of the Cefetra Group.
Contribute to the realisation of the company goals set by the board and approved by the shareholder
- Monitoring the achievements of the Cefetra Group within the context of their mission, vision and strategy set.
- Acting as a sparring partner for the board and providing solicited and unsolicited advice, both in general as well regarding topics within the field of the own specific expertise.
- Being aware of economic, geopolitical, social and environmental developments worldwide that affect the business.
- Advising on strategy and strategical decisions.
- Monitoring general atmosphere and working climate within the group.
- Acting as point of contact for different stakeholders.
- Participating at the quarterly meeting with the board.
With an opinion on developments in the international agrifood supply chain
The Works Council of Cefetra Group is looking for candidates that match one of the following profiles:
- Active role as board member or member of the Management Team of an international food, ingredients or retail company with excellent business knowledge.
- Leading role in an international governmental or non-governmental organisation with high knowledge of geopolitics.
- Leading role in an international organisation active in the field of sustainability, sustainable resources, green energy or digitalisation & information systems, etc.
The ideal candidate has an excellent view on developments in the international agrifood business, can build strong relations and has preferably experience in change management. Furthermore, an international orientation, decisiveness and sense for international organisations and different cultures would be desirable. Fluency in the English language is required, command of the German language would be considered an asset.
Cefetra Group is one of the spearheads of BayWa and strategically important. In this interesting role you influence the development and further growth of the company. The remuneration package corresponds with the requirements and with the usual.