Head Grower (Indoor Tomato)Ryczywół (80km south of Warsaw) or Siechnice (near Wrocław) – Poland
Over PPO Siechnice Sp. z o.o.
PPO Siechnice and Polskie Pomidory SA are the tomato producing branches of Citronex, a major Polish TSL company, also well recognized as an importer and distributor of bananas and other fruits and vegetables. Since 2011, Citronex has been dynamically developing the production and sale of tomatoes.
In its state-of-the-art greenhouses located in Siechnice, Bogatynia, and Ryczywół, unique Polish tomatoes are grown on a total area exceeding 75 hectares. Its focus is not only on technologies, but also on ecological solutions. The modern complexes enable the production of particularly demanding varieties of vegetables and fruits - especially in the winter. The quality of the produced tomatoes has been appreciated by demanding customers for many years, and the tomatoes can be found on the shelves of the largest retail chains in Europe. You can get an impression of the greenhouse complexes via the company movie below.
Due to the dynamic development of the company, we are currently looking for Head Growers who will be supervising the production of tomatoes in one of the high-tech greenhouse complexes in Ryczywół (80km south of Warsaw) or in Siechnice (near Wrocław).
Manage the cultivation of indoor tomato in the assigned greenhouse complex.
- Be responsible for and optimize (independently) the production results of your greenhouse by optimising growing conditions for the cultivation of tomatoes (mostly pink tomato varieties).
- Manage the greenhouse climate, irrigation and lighting (LED) by checking and setting up production parameters, and adapt efficiently to outside weather circumstances/changes and growing stages of the tomato plants.
- Analysis and changes of climate computer settings and control measurements of cultivation parameters.
- Monitor the greenhouse and the condition of the plants. Closely cooperate with the biological control and work planning department.
- Plan the demand for young tomato plants.
- Forecast production results.
- Discuss cultivation and growing parameters together with the growing team of the other production sites, and pro-actively share information and experiences during weekly production meetings.
- Cooperate with external (crop) advisors, laboratory and other departments of the company.
- Supervise the subordinate team.
- Follow up on market trends.
- The Head Grower cooperates closely and reports to the Growing Director and the Board.
Indoor growing specialist with in-depth knowledge of tomato growing in high-tech greenhouses.
- Higher education, preferably in Agriculture / Horticulture.
- At least 3-5 years of experience with growing indoor crops, experience with (lit) tomato cultivation would be an asset.
- Practical knowledge of using climate computer systems (PRIVA, Hoogendoorn etc.).
- Good communicative English, Polish would be welcome.
- Practical knowledge of market trends prevailing in the industry.
- Ability to work in and with a team, highly developed interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Able to work independently and entrepreneurially and driven to optimize production.
- Able to keep the helicopter view on the working environment.
- Analytical mindset and the ability to find effective solutions. Willingness to develop.
Our Client offers a challenging job in one of Europe’s biggest and most modern tomato greenhouse complexes. The Head Grower position is a key role with a high level of independence and decision-making in a constantly growing organisation that is the European leader in lit tomato production. The company's priority is to provide consumers with the highest quality healthy food in accordance with care for the natural environment. Inside the group you will enjoy a friendly atmosphere with short lines of communication and quick decision-making, an open and direct work culture and flexibility in your daily duties. Our client offers a market-competitive remuneration package (with fringe benefits like a car, sports package and group insurance) and provides all the necessary tools to perform the job and gives you the opportunity to further develop with the company. In addition, the company provides relocation assistance.
Our Client has outsourced the Search and Selection for the Head Grower exclusively to CeresRecruitment. You can send your application (cv in English) via our website. A personality questionnaire can be part of the recruitment process. More information about PPO Siechnice / Polskie Pomidory can also be found on https://citronex.pl/en/.