Global Vendor Assurance ManagerRotterdam
Over CargillWith over 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Cargill has 155,000 employees in 70 countries/regions who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where people live and work. Provimi joined the Cargill family of businesses in 2011 and is a world leader in animal nutrition and its related know-how. It employs over 16,000 people in 87 production centers in 30 countries and exports to over 100 countries. The Provimi portfolio taps into Cargill’s global network for innovative research, technical knowledge and software expertise to create feed solutions for all species, including ruminants, poultry and swine. With premixes, additives and specialties such as piglet feeds and milk replacers, Provimi offers customized options to meet the needs of any operation. This is backed up by Cargill’s expertise in compound feed, supply chains and risk management that all work together to create high value added products. Provimi develops, manufactures and markets a full range of products, from complete feed to specialties and from premixes to concentrates. Currently Cargill is looking for a Global Vendor Assurance Manager who will manage the food safety risks of all ingredients that are used by the Cargill Animal Nutrition Group worldwide.
Global coordinating role between purchase, supply chain and quality for the Cargill Animal Nutrition plants all over the world
- Coordinate the supplier activities and ensure compliance with the global supplier process and objectives for Cargill Animal Nutrition (CAN) EMEAR (Europe, Middle East, Africa, Russia).
- Organize that there are sufficient trained auditors in each region.
- Determine the yearly plan for CAN EMEAR area, including the suppliers’ audit plan, and coordinate the execution of the plan in the different areas.
- Perform supplier audits at global suppliers in Europe and in laboratories that are performing analyses for Cargill (= 20% travelling).
- Monitor the use of approved supplier-ingredient combinations. Take corrective actions when needed.
- Set-up a strategic plan to monitor contaminants (such as heavy metals) for global supply.
- Accountable for FSQR compliance of all suppliers and ensure that all documents/products/labels are in compliance with the EU regulation and the regulation of the country of destination. Also, all goods must comply with Dutch regulations and GMP+ requirements.
- Investigate vendor non-conformities related to FSQR for all CAN plants worldwide. Performing reviews and trend analysis to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Answer GMO/organic related questions raised by the CAN plants worldwide or by final customers.
- Maintain contacts with the Dutch authorities (NWVA).
- You will have 4 indirect reporting lines, being the Supplier Leads of resp. Premix Europe, Feed Europe, Animal Nutrition Middle East & Africa and Animal Nutrition Russia and you will report to the FSQR lead CAN EMEAR.
Experienced Quality Manager who is ready for a next step
- BSc. or MSc. in Animal Science, Animal Nutrition, Food Sciences, Nutrition & Health, Food Technology, Chemical Technology, Pharmacy or comparable.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar job.
- Knowledge of Food/Feed Safety, Quality and Auditing systems.
- Experience with Risk Assessments within a multinational setting.
- Affinity with the feed industry is desirable.
- Availability to travel approximately 20%.
- Fluent in English.
- Skills to interact with external stakeholders (suppliers, certification bodies, etc.).
- Strong listening and (interpersonal) communication skills.
- Effective in problem solving and decision making.
- Outstanding organizational, prioritization and time-management skills.
- Ability to ‘mediate’ between Purchase and Production.
- Long-term focus and relationship builder.
- International scope, ability to work with different cultures.
Cargill Provimi provides a diverse, supportive environment where you will be able to grow personally and professionally by stretching your abilities and channelling your talents. You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid privately-owned companies in the world.
A personality questionnaire will be part of the recruitment process.