Breeder Biostatistical and Genetic AnalysisNagele (Emmeloord)
Over KWS PotatoKWS is one of the most innovative and long established plant breeding/seed companies worldwide. For more than 150 years they have been breeding and marketing high performance varieties for the modern farmer. Their key crops are sugar beet, corn, cereals, oil seed crops and potatoes. Their core markets are in the temperate climate zones of Europe, North and South America as well as China.
In Nagele (The Netherlands) they employ a broad range of breeding methodologies and molecular breeding tools to develop an innovative pipeline for potato hybrid varieties.
For their breeding station in Nagele we are seeking a highly motivated Breeder Biostatistical and Genetic Analysis and a highly motivated Breeder Germplasm Enhancement.
FunctieContribute to a tremendous innovation in potato growing by developing hybrid potatoes
- Implement genomic selection in their diploid hybrid breeding pipeline: Design and implement robust statistical approaches and computational pipelines in collaboration with their molecular breeding and bioinformatics team as well as scientists from other crops.
- Work jointly with their cross-crop data management team to integrate the specific requirements of the potato breeding program in our existing database.
- Improve selection accuracy by combining genomic and phenotypic information.
- Support and train users on their breeding database.
- Work in close interaction with other members of the hybrid potato group.
- They offer access to state-of-the-art technologies and diverse expertise in breeding, molecular biology, bioinformatics and data management.
ProfielExperienced Breeder who will change the potato industry
- MSc or PhD in plant breeding, agronomy or related studies.
- Solid and practical bases in data analysis, breeding methodology and agronomy.
- Experience with the use of phenotypic and genomic data.
- Industry experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated skills in the handling and analysis of large datasets.
- Interest, experience and knowledge of using database software (Access/Oracle).
- Ability to collaborate with breeders, scientists and technicians from KWS and academic partners.
- Excellent team player to work within an international team.
- Professional written and verbal communication in English. Dutch would be an asset.
- Innovative and creative.
- Combining methodical work with creativity.
- Able to convert knowledge into product innovation.
- Accurate and Analytical.
- Energetic, no-nonsense mentality
- Persistent with a high level of involvement.
- Communicates smoothly at different levels.
AanbodKWS offers a challenging position in an international breeders network to implement powerful statistical approaches as well as to optimize the data management structure to fit the needs of the growing potato activities. You will receive a thorough on-the-job training to grow into your role.
The primary and secondary labour agreements are excellent.
KWS has outsourced the recruitment and selection for the Breeder Biostatistical and Genetic Analysis
exclusively to CeresRecruitment.
Information regarding the company: www.kws.com.
A personality questionnaire will be part of the recruitment process.