Operations DirectorGhent, Belgium
Over Algist BruggemanAlgist Bruggeman has been a leading producer of baker’s yeast since its inception in 1949. Based on their years of experience, they have built up a strong knowledge of production and process control, resulting in a high-quality end product. In addition, they are a pioneer in the development of new yeast products and applications, so that they always meet the rapidly changing needs of bakers, wine producers, beer brewers and the pharmaceutical industry. Algist Bruggeman has an annual turnover of more than 71 million euro and employs around 175 people. The success of the company is based on the daily commitment of all staff. The company values are passion, respect, excellence and responsibility. Algist Bruggeman is part of the Lesaffre group, a global player in terms of yeast and all its applications. The vacancy for an Operations Director currently exists because of strong growth.
FunctieYou make processes and people grow together
- Manage production, maintenance, engineering and process support, Quality, Purchasing and Health & Safety. This Technical team has 9 direct reports and approximately 135 indirect reports.
- Contribute to and uphold the mission, vision and strategy of the business.
- Realise the production objectives in a (food)safe, environmentally responsible and efficient way. Follow up KPIs by means of timely and accurate production reports substantiated with deviation analyses.
- Prepare the annual production budget and the investment plans. Create the conditions in which the Technical Team can realise the targets set.
- Initiate projects aimed at increasing (food)safety, sustainability, efficiency and quality, and ensure the realisation of these.
- Manage and coach is an inspiring manner, enabling people to excel by encouraging personal development and responsibility.
- The Operations Director is a member of the Management Team and reports to the CEO.
ProfielLeader with strong technical background
- Master’s degree in bio-engineering, or chemistry.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a leading position preferably in process industry. Experience with fermentation processes is mandatory.
- Full professional proficiency in English. Knowledge of Dutch or willingness to learn the language. Knowledge of French is an advantage.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with a diversity of people.
- Result- and customer oriented.
- A high degree of commitment and involvement.
- Strong personality with persuasion and charisma.
AanbodThis is a great career opportunity to work with a solidly growing producer of innovative and high-quality food ingredients. In this role, you will have the chance to actively contribute to the development of the company and its people, and you will have the freedom to set up and implement projects. You will join a company that implemented Lean because it is in everyone’s culture. The employment conditions are excellent.
Algist Bruggeman has outsourced the recruitment and selection for the Director Operations this position exclusively to CeresRecruitment.
Information regarding the companies can be found at www.algistbruggeman.be.
A personality questionnaire will be part of the recruitment process.