Key Account Manager EuropeOss
Over AFB International
AFB International is the global science and technology leader in pet food palatability. They develop and produce a full range of liquid and dry palatability enhancers using high-quality ingredients proven to optimize companion animal response and consumption.
The scientific approach and advanced technology help customers maximize performance in an increasingly competitive marketplace. They deliver superior products and services that contribute to the health and wellness of companion animals worldwide.
The company has offices and production facilities in the USA (global HQ), Europe, Latin America, Asia, and Australia. The location in Europe is based in The Netherlands. In Oss, they have a state-of-the-art high-tech production and research facility for the European market. For the Sales department AFB is looking for an experienced Key Account Manager thinking in partnerships and solutions.
FunctieExpanding markets by building strategic partnerships
- Manage sales activities to maintain and grow business by development and implementation of annual account plans, with focus on Eastern-Europe.
- Establish and sustain long term relationships with customers and prospects by making periodic visits and exploring current and future needs.
- Develop business in new markets with existing and new products.
- Provide customers and prospects with information and advice on new and existing products.
- Completes (after) sales processes, databases and documents for processing.
- Builds network by attending various industry events, conferences and trade shows to establish relationships within the industry.
- Work closely together with the other team members (e.g. R&D, Technical Sales Support) and involve these capabilities into the full selling process.
- Provide relevant feedback and updates to customers on projects, proposals, and products as necessary to keep the customer well-informed.
- Reports to the Director Sales.
ProfielSales expert with strong customer focus and long-term vision
- BSc. or MSc. in Animal Science, Animal Nutrition, Food Technoloy, Food & Business, International Agribusiness & Trade, Economics, Marketing, Sales, Business Administration etc. complemented with training courses sales and/or marketing management.
- Demonstrated success with strategic account management.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in similar job and region, coupled with a strong understanding of food / feed industry. Experience in the pet food industry is advantageous.
- Fluent English and other European language, e.g. German, is required and Dutch is strongly preferred.
- Willingness to travel frequently (30-40%).
- Strong listening and (interpersonal) communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational, prioritization and time-management skills.
- Results orientated with ability to proactively address customer opportunities.
- Passion for quality and service-minded approach.
- Long-term focus and relationship builder.
- International scope, ability to work with different cultures.
AanbodAFB International offers an interesting opportunity to contribute to the growth strategy and strong ambitions of an international and innovative ‘niche-player’ with an open and entrepreneurial culture. Professional environment where taking initiative and creativity are highly appreciated. Due to short lines decisions are taken quickly. Competitive remuneration package.
AFB International has outsourced the recruitment and selection for the Key Account Manager exclusively to CeresRecruitment.
Comprehensive information regarding the company can be found at www.afbinternational.com.
A personality questionnaire will be part of the recruitment process.