Area Manager for Africa and Middle-EastPossible location could be Emmeloord.
Over Solana GmbH & Co. KG/Den Hartigh B.V.
The Solana Group is one of the leading breeding-companies in potatoes worldwide, breeds modern varieties and produces and distributes high-quality seed potatoes. Throughout their history they have always pursued the goal of breeding resistant, high-yielding varieties and supplying high-quality seed stock. It can look back on a long tradition and today has a range that comprises around 60 different varieties for every intended purpose, suitable for almost every climate zone and to meet almost every taste.
In addition to breeding and distribution, Solana offers all the associated upstream and downstream services. These include research, varietal maintenance and the production of seed potatoes, quality management, expert advice on the choosing of varieties and the growing of potatoes, and organizing and handling international logistics. Furthermore the Solana Group has its own subsidiary companies and in some cases its own farms in eight different countries. It is represented by sales offices in further 23 countries.
Diversified international business-development task with high level of independency
- Set and achieve sales budgets; develop and implement annual Sales & Marketing- plans in consultation with the Managing Director.
- Take care of existing distributors/agents/customers and win new ones.
- Market analysis of the territory; update development of the market including competitors’ activities, market potential and legislation.
- Analyze new markets in your territory and develop a market-entry-strategy.
- Negotiate with and receive orders from distributors/customers, monitor payments and interact with various departments at Solana.
- Build and keep good contact to relevant government-departments.
- Gain, lead and or monitor projects funded by international organizations/departments.
- Coordinate all sales and export-activities with the relevant department within Solana.
- The Area Manager MEA reports directly to the Managing Director.
Proactive self-starter and pioneer with strong business sense and international experience
- BSc. or MSc. in Plants Sciences, International Agribusiness & Trade.
- Experience in Sales in an international agricultural B2B environment preferably in Middle-East and/or Africa.
- Experience in developing marketing and sales strategies.
- Experience in selling through distributors and expanding a distributor network is a strong advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in potatoes and/or seeds is a plus but not mandatory.
- International scope with willingness to travel frequently.
- Team player able to work independently.
- Entrepreneurial and negotiation skills.
- Highly motivated, flexible and with a structured approach.
- Confident and assertive.
- Fluent in English, spoken and written. Other language-skills are welcome (i.e. French and/or Arabic).
- Excellent oral and written communication and administrative skills.
- Adaptability to different cultures.
An interesting international career opportunity by working in fast growing economies in MEA for a well-established, innovative and solid seed company with a pleasant and cooperative working atmosphere.
There is also plenty of room for individual development and the possibility to build a team to support your success in the area of responsibility.
The position offers a competitive remuneration package, with excellent fringe benefits such as a company car and a contribution to pension plan.
Possible locations could be Emmeloord/NL or Hamburg/GER. Other solutions may well be possible but need to be discussed.
Solana GmbH & Co. KG has outsourced the recruitment and selection for the Area Manager MEA exclusively to CeresRecruitment.
Comprehensive information regarding the company can be found at www.solana.de and www.denhartigh-potato.nl.
A personality questionnaire will be part of the recruitment process.