Business Developer Dairy (vervuld)Amsterdam
Over Fonterra Co-Operative Group LimitedFonterra is a Co-op of 10,500 farmers with its roots firmly planted in New Zealand’s rich land, working to unlock every drop of goodness from the milk we collect and share with the world.
The primary purpose of this role is to further develop the partnerships related to sourcing EU-origin products on behalf of Fonterra globally. This will require the development and implantation of partnerships with EU dairy manufacturers that fit with Fonterra’s strategic and tactical objectives.
This role will have a strong link business development projects across the ingredients and Foodseverice portfolios. Strong communication skills and an attention to detail are essential. The Business Development lead will need to demonstrate a logical thought process and be able to articulate ideas to a broad audience, including partners, customers and Fonterra senior management. EU dairy manufactures are very diverse and an appreciation of the cultures and working styles is important. Communication styles should be modified to suit the audience, especially for those who are not fluent in English.
The Business development lead will be self motivated, organised and disciplined as the role requires a high level of multi-tasking to juggle a number of opportunities and work streams simultaneously. A strong background in project management is required to ensure activities are streamlined and follow a robust development and implementation path.
FunctieDevelopment, Sales and Marketing
- Understand the strategic supply partner or potential partner needs, aspirations, business drivers, culture, internal politics and strategy and use this insight along with Fonterra customer and product strategic plans to formulate a sustainable relationship model. Ensure growth strategies are aggressive, expansive and consistent with Fonterra’s wider strategies, plans and values.
- Develop and extend key relationships and with expert input and support from the relevant technical, supply chain and market teams.
- Enhance Fonterra’s contract and planning approach, seeking out options to create and protect value within the relationships you manage.
- Monitor competitor activity. Explore growth opportunities and oversee the core price and stock position, refine business approach and gain valued market insight to feed back into the broader market management and optimization team.
- This role requires an end-to-end approach, being able to work from project ideation to project management and implementation is critical for this role.
- Act as the strategic business partner for Sales and Finance. Lead commercial discussions related to e.g. new supply agreements with key accounts and transfer pricing discussions with our Whey (JV) partners.
- Arbitrage strategy: develop sourcing and sales opportunities that take advantage of Trade and Tariff Optimization opportunities.
- Build and develop new contacts in the EU dairy ingredients markets, and recommend partners for Fonterra.
- Able to develop high quality, sustainable models to assess, continually monitor and forecast, the position and impact of agreements on Fonterra’s business.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work cross functionally and across offices to drive projects to a conclusion.
- Focused on developing sustainable business models and supporting tools.
- Experience within change management and indirect influencing across geographically diverse teams.
- Strong business process development and documentation skills, especially in the area of taking complex information and communicating it simply to a broad audience.
- Understanding of Dairy and ability to access manufactures potential capabilities. Making recommendations to the business of product possibilities.
ProfielDairy knowledge and project management
- BSc. or MSc. in Food Science & Technology/ Nutrition/ Agriculture / Economics.
- At least 10 years relevant partners/sales/marketing experience in an international B2B environment.
- Knowledge and expertise of the (global) dairy market is a qualifier.
- Experience in Project Management and business Development.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Fluent in English, both oral and in writing.
- Entrepreneurial and negotiation skills.
- A creative thinker with a pragmatic mindset, solution oriented and a strong can do mentality.
- A team player with the ability to manage a complex set of relations both in- and externally.
- Excellent communication skills and International and cultural sensitive.
- Proactive and assertive attitude combined with excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Dares to surprise.
- Analytical and financial acumen.
AanbodAn interesting international career opportunity in developing sales for a well-established dairy with a pleasant, no-nonsense and cooperative working atmosphere. The position offers a competitive remuneration package.
Fonterra has outsourced the recruitment and selection for the Business Developer Dairy to CeresRecruitment.
Comprehensive information regarding the company can be found at www.fonterra.com.
A personality questionnaire will form part of the recruitment process.