Ambitious Production Manager (MT-Member) - fulfilledTer Apelkanaal
Over Gelita Nederland BV
GELITA is the world's leading supplier of collagen proteins for the Food, Health & Nutrition and Pharmaceutical industries. GELITA products are indispensable to modern life. As specialists in collagen proteins, they help their customers to develop products aligned with all the global and local market trends. GELITA is an independent and unlisted stock company owned by the founding families and has a history of more than 140 years. GELITA AG employs more than 2,450 people globally in 21 production plants and sales offices; the total turnover is at almost 700 million Euros.
The production plant in The Netherlands is a state of the art highly automated industrial plant operating 24/7/365 and is located at the industrial zone of Ter Apelkanaal.
Currently about 40 highly motivated and educated employees are creating every day high quality collagen out of animal raw materials, applying all relevant global food and pharma standards.
We are now looking for an ambitious Production Manager and proxy holder, who is qualified to take over the plant manager role in mid-term; and hence will be a crucial member of the local management team.
Lead production and projects on “state of the art” production site
- Manage as your responsibility the achievement of the defined production targets in terms of safety, quality, service and cost within the prescribed time and relevant legislation.
- Oversee a workforce of about 30 employees.
- Strive to increase productivity across the plant.
- Set ambitious production goals and communicate them to key personnel.
- Provide motivation, support and guidance to all employees.
- Maintain and develop the further implementation of an internal Operational Excellence program (GoBest).
- Initiate projects to fully utilize the capacity of the location, working closely with the sister companies in existing network structure.
- Fulfillment of certain administrative responsibilities of the legal entity plant Ter Apelkanaal.
- Member of the Management Team and provide counsel to the Plant Manager whose role can be followed up after satisfactory performance.
Involved (Process) Technologist with people- and change management skills
- BSc. or MSc. in Food Technology, Chemical Technology, Process Technology, Food Science, Life Science, Biotechnology or similar technological study.
- At least 5 years of operational management experience, preferably in food, pharma or chemistry.
- Expertise in setting up and running projects.
- Knowledge of /experienced in operational excellence, LEAN, Six Sigma, 5 S etc.
- Experience in / knowledge of PLC control / automation.
- Proven track record in change management.
- Fluency in Dutch and English is required and proficiency in German would be an advantage.
- Self-driven personality.
- Autonomous team player.
- Enthusiasm/ passionate.
- Role model for employees.
- Accurate, industrious and structured.
- Highly involved, integer and reliable.
- Analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- Hands-on mentality and sensitivity for employees and culture.
- Excellent value based leadership, teamwork building and people management skills.
GELITA offers a rewarding production management role with significant growth perspectives at an international and innovative "hidden champion". GELITA has a value based, open and entrepreneurial culture. The company environment is very professional and highly appreciates employees taking the initiative. Furthermore GELITA offers an outstanding remuneration package related to the knowledge and experience of the appropriate candidate.
The recruitment for the Production Manager (future Plant Manager) has been exclusively outsourced to CeresRecruitment.
Comprehensive information regarding the company can be found at www.gelita.com.
A personality questionnaire will form part of the recruitment process.