Hazera Seeds of Growth is a global leader in the seed industry. Hazera brings expertise, commitment and support, combining decades of experience with state-of-the-art technology. Hazera breeds, develops, produces and markets varieties and seeds in a wide range of vegetable crops around the world.
Hazera’s headquarters are situated in Israel and in The Netherlands. They have subsidiaries in 12 countries and an extensive distribution network providing services in over 100 additional markets. This worldwide presence enables them to be close to their customers. It allows them to offer technical support and to anticipate and respond to local needs by creating varieties that fit specific climates, growing conditions and market requirements.
We are searching for an Onion Breeder based in Hazera Rilland, The Netherlands.
Managing the onion breeding program in The Netherlands
- As an Onion Breeder you are responsible for line and hybrid development for a breeding program targeted at one of the Global Onion Markets.
- You translate the R&D crop strategy into product-oriented breeding projects and operational plans.
- You manage all components of a successful breeding program, this includes germplasm,
- elite line development, hybrid hevelopment and evaluation, and elite seed production.
- You provide leadership, management and support to the local breeding team.
- You develop a thorough knowledge of the crop, products and customers.
- You will have close interaction with the local team, product development and marketing, commercial and production departments.
- Functional relationships extend into the Limagrain vegetable group.
- You will travel to relevant markets for trials and product evaluation.
- You report to the Breeding Director Open Fields.
Experienced Vegetable Breeder with multiple years’ experience
- MSc or preferably a PhD in Plant Breeding, Plant Sciences or other plant related study from an agricultural university.
- Experience with Plant Physiology, Biochemistry, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Plant Genetics and/or Biotechnology.
- Experience in using breeding/statistical software.
- You are fluent in English.
Hazera offers a breeding position in a leading onion program. You will have the opportunity to work in a R&D focused environment with cutting edge breeding technology. Hazera offers a competitive remuneration package.
Hazera has outsourced the Recruitment and Selection for the position of Onion Breeder exclusively to CeresRecruitment.
A personality questionnaire will be part of the recruitment process.