Trader / Export Manager Seafood AsiaShenzhen / Hong Kong / Shanghai, China or Utrecht, The Netherlands
About organizationOur client is a leading marketer of proteins produced around the world with business in 140 countries. Sustained double digit growth is as much a result of its strategies as it is because of the skills and strength of the global team. Strong guiding business principles paired with flexibility and people-focus has created a result driven team with a healthy work-life balance. The many languages and cultures present in the company create a fun, exciting and diverse work environment. The organization is continually expanding its global reach, providing a positive and challenging workplace with many opportunities for its employees to put their mark on the Food Service, Retail and Food Processing business. We are looking for a new member for our Seafood Sales team out of Hong Kong, Shanghai, Shenzhen or Utrecht, The Netherlands.
Dynamic role with direct impact on growth of the seafood department
- Responsible for developing and growing sales of seafood to China / Asia and thus expanding the seafood department by strategically buying and selling seafood products with a long-term vision.
- This position has a focus on species that are sold as raw material to processors.
- Budgeting, forecasting and implementation of business objectives to meet sales targets for the Asian market.
- Independently negotiate, close deals and supervise the correct implementation of trade agreements in close collaborations with colleagues of the Logistic, Financial and Quality Department. Responsible for the debtor risk.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with existing suppliers and customers and bring in new suppliers and customers in order to grow seafood trade in this area.
- Recognize, analyze and respond to trade opportunities by creating new sales channels.
- Acting as a global expert on procuring seafood products for processing, such as Pollock, Sole, Cod, and Salmon.
- The Seafood Sales individual reports directly into management at the location.
Ambitious Seafood Trader coming in with known suppliers and customers as well as a never- ending appetite for more
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent proven experience.
- A minimum of 5 years successful buying and selling seafood to processors, or secondary, food service distributors in China.
- Proven track record with trading in the Chinese / Asian market is a must.
- Experience in direct and indirect sales with strategic buying and selling processes.
- Fluent in English and preferably Mandarin, both speaking and writing.
- Willing to travel several times a year.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Business acumen and drive.
- Motivating others and growing business.
- Entrepreneurial mindset; ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Leading by example.
- Ability to set and achieve personal goals.
- Detail oriented.
Opportunity to work in a fast pace business environment and build a long-term career in the field of trading at a leading marketer of proteins. The role provides you the chance to make a direct impact on the company’s growth. The job requires a high degree of responsibility and autonomy and offers a competitive remuneration package. Work hard, play hard is in the core of the company and they celebrate success.
Our client has outsourced the Recruitment and Selection for the position of Trader/ Export Manager Seafood Asia exclusively to CeresRecruitment.
A personality questionnaire will be part of the recruitment process.