Technical Application ManagerOss, The Netherlands, in combination with home office
Are you an experienced senior product developer passionate to work with customers? Will you provide technical direction and support with your relevant scientific knowledge? Do you have R&D experience, preferably in the area of nutrition, processing engineering or animal science? Would you like to work for a successful international company that makes pet food taste great? We are looking for you!
About AFB International
AFB International is a global science and technology leader in pet food palatability, developing and producing a full range of liquid and dry palatability enhancers. As expert in pet food, AFB International is partner with pet food manufacturers to create better-tasting dog and cat foods, treats and supplements, meeting the specific needs of the pets and pet owners they serve. The team aspires to grow as a ‘center of expertise’ on palatability enhancement science & technology.
The company is part of Ensign-Bickford Industries, Inc. (EBI), a privately-owned high technology conglomerate, and has offices and/or production facilities in the USA (global HQ), Europe, Latin America, Mexico, Australia and China. The location in Europe is based in Oss, The Netherlands. This site has a state-of-the-art high-tech production and research facility for the European market. For the European business unit we are looking for a Technical Application Manager to join the R&D team.
Create and implement new product applications (flavors) for European pet food producers
- Expand the market success of customers by supporting them in their application technology.
- Lead technical projects including technical assistance, sourcing, quality improvements, compliance, and cost savings.
- Development & introduction of new product and processes within factories and external manufacturers & customers, aiming at fine tuning solutions in final application (kibble, chunk, gravy, gels). Up to 10% of lab/pilot plant work related foreseen.
- Connect with appropriate Key Opinion Leaders and support the creation of our interactive and innovative tools in line with the evolving needs of the customers.
- Develop expertise for product/process mastership, create tools such as technical bulletins and provide training to enable manufacturing excellence.
- Make the technical knowhow on products and applications of AFB available to consumers and internal stakeholders, including scientific papers.
- Prepare technical presentations for consumers, conferences and exhibitions.
- You report to the Director of R&D in Europe and will work in a team with Technical Application Managers, Product Developers, Innovation & Regulatory Managers.
Technical experienced in food/feed with strong customer focus and project management skills
- MSc/PhD Degree in Food & Chemical Sciences or Engineering, Nutrition.
- Minimum 5 years of R&D in Product Development, Manufacturing, Research & Development, preferably in the area of nutrition, processing engineering or animal sciences.
- FMCG background in Pet, Food or Beverages.
- Fluent in English (oral and written), at ease in an international environment. Other languages are a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good sense of teamwork and networking skills.
- Result oriented combined with entrepreneurial and innovative mindset.
- Ability to prioritize and oversee multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Accurate and strong analytical skills.
- Natural leader.
AFB International offers an interesting opportunity to contribute to the growth strategy and strong ambitions of an international and innovative ‘niche-player’ with an open and entrepreneurial culture. A professional environment where taking initiative and creativity are highly appreciated. Decisions are taken quickly thanks to short communication lines. They offer a competitive remuneration package. Based on your unique skills, experience and background there are career opportunities within AFB International.