Product Manager Green FertilizerHybrid (Home Office + Europe)
Someone who wants to pioneer and fundamentally change global food production!Are you someone who likes to contribute to a circular agricultural sector? Do you have knowledge of the agricultural sector in general and soil, (animal) manure and plants in particular? Do you find it fascinating to be a discussion partner with various stakeholders from the perspective of innovation in climate preservation? Are you ready for a position in which you can use your commercial skills to support our R&D and sales activities? Does it make you happy to contribute substantially to solving the nitrogen problem? Then this position is definitely for you!
About N2 applied
Millions of tons of ammonia are lost annually from livestock farms. With this, essential nutrients needed to grow crops and feed the planet are lost. These are then supplemented in the agricultural sector by the use of fertilizers.
N2 Applied aims to transform our food production systems by enabling a circular economy on farms. Their technology allows farmers to recycle nutrients to economically produce their own fertilizers and do so while reducing greenhouse gas emissions and using resources more efficiently.
N2 Applied develops plasma technologies that bind reactive nitrogen from the atmosphere and allow it to react with the ammonia in manure or other organic material. The reaction stops ammonia losses, increases nitrogen content and provides a fertilizer with the essential nutrients to grow crops. N2 Applied's technology impacts the fertilizer value chain, changing it from a linear to a circular model.
To accelerate, commercialize and scale this solution, N2 Applied has licensed this technology for dairy and beef applications to GEA Farm Technologies. Moreover, the application of their technology may be able to expand to a range of segments.
N2 Applied's headquarters are located in Oslo/Asker and its technology center outside Kongsberg in Svene, Norway. N2 Applied also has offices in Wageningen (The Netherlands) and York/Edinburgh (UK).
As Product Manager Green Fertilizer, you will be responsible for researching, convincing and supporting the further development and sales of N2 Applied's patented plasma technology in Europe. You propagate the applications and possibilities of Nitrogen Enriched Organic fertilizer, are the content specialist in the field of soil and fertilization and work on the further positioning of N2 Applied and its sustainable solutions. With a sense of ownership, you actively carry out N2 Applied's mission in order to contribute to circular agriculture and thus make a substantial contribution to the climate objectives.
- Further investigate and map the potential of Nitrogen Enriched Organic (NEO) fertilizer for fertilization of different crops in various soil types.
- Plan, execute and manage field trial programs for technical development and optimization of NEO fertilizer.
- Support Business Development and Sales in their projects and activities from substantive knowledge about crop fertilization.
- Share knowledge with internal and external stakeholders about the sustainable solution and product performance.
- Support the sales teams of GEA Farm Technologies with whom N2 Applied has a strategic alliance.
You are a pioneer who enjoys working in a dynamic, international environment. You have expertise in soil and fertilization and play a crucial role in positioning N2 Applied's technology both strategically and commercially.
The function not only asks for in-depth knowledge in the agricultural field, but also to excel in collaboration, strategic thinking, and effective communication, both orally and in writing. In addition, emphasis is placed on your ability to present complex concepts understandably, indicating the need for clear and persuasive communication skills.
Ideally, you will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Academic working and thinking level, preferably graduate in an agricultural field with knowledge of soil, fertilization and plant breeding (e.g. agricultural college (agronomy) or technical environmental science).
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience as a product manager and experience in setting up and supervising field trials.
- Enjoy operating in an international environment.
- Thrive in a powerful stakeholder field.
- Able to present complex concepts comprehensibly.
- Excellent command of the Dutch language, spoken and written, and good command of the English language. Knowledge of the German language is an advantage.
- Affinity with innovation and sustainability.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Commercially literate.
- Directing with abstract thinking, also possesses a hands-on mentality.
- Independent, representative, cooperative, solution-oriented and enterprising.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Flexible with great commitment.
A unique workplace in a growing company in an international playing field in which you make an important contribution to realizing a more sustainable agricultural sector. Together with your colleagues, you will have a positive impact on the transition in agriculture. For an impression of the company and future colleagues, check out the link below:
You will also receive:
- An employment contract for 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A salary that, depending on your education and experience, is between €70 and €100K.
- The opportunity to continue developing yourself in an international team.
- Competitive fringe benefits including the possibility of obtaining co-ownership (shares/option scheme).
The working area for this position is Europe, with an initial focus on the Netherlands and Germany. This position can be filled on a hybrid basis. That is, both from home and from location in the field.
N2 Applied has outsourced the Recruitment and Selection for the vacancy of Product Manager Green Fertilizer exclusively to CeresGreen. Detailed information about the organisation can be found at www.n2applied.com.