Are you a hands on food technologist who enjoys spending time in the kitchen? Would you like to contribute to a more sustainable world by developing plant based food products? Then come and join to work as a Product Developer at The Protein Brewery in Breda.
About The Protein BreweryThe Protein Brewery (TPB) is a young, highly innovative company focused on creative technologies to develop and produce sustainable food ingredients using advanced brewing technology. Their team in Breda currently consists of 25 people and is growing fast. The present organization is mission-driven and Holacracy powered, where the purpose of the organization, the teams and the individuals are aligned.TBP is addressing the eminent global shift from animal-based food ingredients towards a sustainable, plant-based food chain. Due to further growth, we are looking for an experienced and hands on Product Developer to strengthen the team.
Spending most of your time in the test kitchen to develop tasty plant-based products
- Develop new product concepts using ingredients produced by The Protein Brewery.The product applications vary from meat replacers and meat analogues (main focus) to vegan cereals, dairy, baked goods and other possible applications.
- Build expertise and understanding of the characteristics and performance of ingredients made by TPB in various food systems, to better provide guidance and advise to business partners and customers in their own product development.
- Work hands-on in the test kitchen to build a portfolio of product applications and work in partnership with customers and business partners wherever collaboration is possible.
- Develop concept recipes with high acceptability ratings in sensory and consumer tests and continuously aim to improve the recipes based on the results.
- Communicate with customers and conduct product presentations and product sampling or demonstrations featuring applications of TPB ingredients to customers.
- In this role you’ll work independently but in close collaboration with a Food Application Expert, Food Technologist and other colleagues from the commercial circle.
Culinary food technologist experienced in plant based product development
- Minimum hbo graduation in Food Science, Food Technology or comparable education.
- At least three years of experience working with vegan or meatless product development.
- High preference for someone who has hands on experience working with mycoprotein and other alternative proteins in a test or industrial kitchen.
- Familiar with new protein applications, emulsions and ingredient technology.
- Experienced in working in the kitchen, able to operate and use different types of kitchenware and equipment.
- Deep understanding of flavor systems and how to achieve unique and great tasting vegan products.
- Fluent speaking and writing skills in English.
- Independent, entrepreneurial and self-reliant team player
- Creative and hands on mentality
- Detail-oriented and proactive
- Customer and service oriented
- Strong communication skills
At The Protein Brewery you can apply your talent in ways that matter. TPB is a place where collaboration is key and where your talents, initiative and leadership are valued. It is a fast growing organization where you will find challenging opportunities that will make your career exciting and rewarding. You will have autonomy and personal responsibility with regard to the interpretation of your tasks. TPB has an informal company culture where fun, team spirit and customer-focus are important. The offered salary will be in line with the market and your experience. You will join a company with a worldwide reach and ambitious growth plans.
The Protein Brewery has outsourced the recruitment and selection for above mentioned position exclusively to CeresRecruitment. Comprehensive information regarding TPB can be found at https://www.theproteinbrewery.nl. A personality questionnaire will be part of the recruitment process.