Plant ManagerHill Run, Spanish Town
About CB Group
The family owned Jamaican CB Group, headquartered in Kingston, is one of the biggest integrated producers of chicken, pork and eggs in the Caribbean. With renowned brands like CB Chicken, Copperwood Pork, Chippenham Eggs and Nutramix feeds they play an important role in the daily life of people. The three main business lines of the group are Consumer Foods, Livestock & Animal Feeds and Crops. CB Group is currently implementing an investment plan in order to consolidate several business operations on its farm site at Hill Run, which is situated south of Spanish Town in the parish of St. Catharine, next to Kingston. These operations will not only include a poultry slaughtering and processing plant, but also a rendering facility where the offal is processed into high protein animal meals. These meals are highly appreciated by the petfood industry because of its nutritional value, taste and controlled processing. Therefor the group also plans to invest in a petfood plant.
CB Group believes in building the region through sustainable agriculture. They continuously promote entrepreneurship, invest in education and encourage environmental awareness to make Jamaica better for the generations to come.
Rendering Plant / Petfood Plant
The rendering plant is under construction, using technology from the Danish company Haarslev. The start-up will be in the last quarter of 2020, depending on the start-up of the poultry processing plant. The next investment will be a petfood plant at the nearby location of the feed mill. The Rendering Plant Manager will also be considered to become responsible for starting-up and running the petfood plant
We’re looking for an experienced Plant Manager with knowledge of (protein) processing technology and preferably petfood production who’s willing to move to Jamaica for a period of 3 - 5 years. During this period, the plant manager is responsible for successfully starting-up of the rendering plant and subsequently the petfood plant while building and training the team.
10-15 employees at the rendering plant.
Start-up and optimization of production
- Ensure a good start-up and subsequent optimize production and alignment of the processes.
- Build, lead and train your team of operators, technologists and technicians in order to guarantee a stable and continuous process.
- Assure that the plants, the processes and the people meet the highest quality standards.
- Set up appropriate maintenance and quality assurance plans.
- Monthly report on production, quality, project progress, etc.
- You will report directly to the COO.
Operations Manager with experience in the process industry
- University degree in process or food technology, mechanical or electrical engineering or a similar technical or technological study.
- Operational management experience in food or feed industries. Experience in processing of raw materials is required. Experience in protein production is a strong advantage
- Experience in leading projects and setting-up quality control systems are strong advantages.
- Knowledge of Lean techniques like 5S or Six Sigma is highly appreciated.
- Fluent in English.
- Willing to move and live on Jamaica for a period of 3 - 5 years.
- Experience in working in a family owned company is an advantage as well as working in a matrix structure.
- Natural leadership abilities.
- Enterprising, cost-conscious and result oriented.
- Good communication skills.
- Team player who can convince people and get them involved.
- Experience with developing and directing a team.
- Able to quickly gain respect and to deal with cultural differences.
The CB Group knows that their people are the greatest asset, embracing their roles as country builders. Together, they continue to raise the bar - improving safe food standards, setting market trends and, perhaps most importantly, producing better tasting foods. If this philosophy attracts you and you want to contribute then this might be the chance. Not only on living in one of the most beautiful places on earth, but also working with great people, eager to learn and with modern techniques in an environment where family values matter.
CB Group has outsourced the recruitment and selection for the Plant Manager to CeresRecruitment. Comprehensive information regarding the company can be found at www.mycbgroup.com. A personality questionnaire will form part of the recruitment process.