Management Specialist (Turkeys)HQ in Chester, UK. Home based in another European country can be considered
About Aviagen Turkeys Ltd
Aviagen Turkeys, with headquarters near Chester (UK), is the world’s leading turkey breeding company. As a primary breeder, Aviagen Turkeys provides the highest-quality genetic stock and the technical support to enable efficient and healthy turkey production. Continuous investments in R&D reflect the desire to better service customer needs. Modern breeding aims to achieve balanced, sustainable selection, which includes health, robustness, fitness and welfare traits, as well as suitability for meat production. With more than 40 breeding lines in the program and the leading brands of Nicholas and B.U.T., Aviagen Turkeys will continue to meet the global demand for modern and traditional breeds.
The company is part of EW GROUP GmbH, a both modern, strategic holding company, as well as a traditional family business. Founded in 1928, EW GROUP is firmly established in the world’s major animal breeding, animal health and animal nutrition markets and consists of over 150 subsidiaries and employs more than 13.000 people.
To provide direct technical support to customers across Europe and Russia, and to assist in their business success, Aviagen Turkeys Ltd (ATL) is currently looking for a Management Specialist. .
Be the key contact for customers in all aspects of technical support.
- Help customers (breeding farms, integrators, distributors & hatcheries and their clients) to maximise the biological performance of their birds, assist in their business success and develop strong customer relationships.
- Advance the development and dissemination of technical knowledge of turkey management (optimum housing, ventilation and nutrition conditions).
- Appraise performance of ATL stock in customer facilities through regular, planned customer visits.
- Provide flock management support across commercial bird and breeder bird disciplines and co-ordinate additional specialist management inputs to secure improved bird performance.
- Gain an understanding of customer operations, bird management and competitor performance to facilitate appropriate ATL business decisions.
- Gather field information of bird biological performance for benchmarking purposes. Assist in the preparation of management and product performance reports and prepare feedback reports for customers.
- Inform the Customer Support Team of innovations and developments within the industry that could assist ATL in-house production. Conduct additional research within ATL or customer facilities to develop techniques to improve bird performance.
- Represent ATL at trade shows, industry conferences, customer events and seminars.
- Ensure adherence to the Company Quality Management System operating procedures within their area of responsibility.
- Undertake other functions as self-determined on a day-to-day basis or as determined by the R&D Director.
- The Management Specialist reports to the R&D Director and will have routine interactions with other members of the Executive Team.
A practical and hands-on oriented turkey expert with in-depth knowledge of the management of breeder and commercial turkeys.
- Relevant University degree (e.g. zootechnics, agriculture or veterinary).
- Practical experience with management/care of turkey flocks in a production, veterinary, nutritional or research role.
- Passion for poultry is in your character, especially to improve in all facets of breeding and housing.
- Fluency in English, knowledge of other European languages is an asset.
- Prepared for frequent national and international travelling, willingness to relocate to Chester in the UK is an asset.
- Strong analytical skills with an eye for the animal and the commercial business of clients.
- Ability to perform independent analysis and research and strong numeracy with experience of data evaluation.
- Capable of understanding and developing in-depth knowledge in poultry production related issues across a range of functional areas.
- Relation builder, able to listen and to ask the right questions, able to manage confidentiality and to deliver useable information to customers.
- Team player, entrepreneurial mind-set, able to work structured, pro-active and self-organized.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Aviagen Turkeys Ltd offers a challenging role with a lot of variety and the chance to develop your career further within the company (also internationally). The company provides a package of international training and great support within a dedicated team and an R&D driven company. Aviagen Turkeys offers considerable autonomy and possibilities to further grow your knowledge and network. A market competitive remuneration package (incl. car, laptop, mobile phone) is offered. In the case of relocation to the HQ in the UK, relocation support will be provided.
Aviagen Turkeys Ltd has outsourced the Search and Selection for the Management Specialist exclusively to CeresRecruitment. More information about Aviagen Turkeys can be found on www.aviagenturkeys.com. A personality questionnaire can be part of the recruitment process.