Grower Manager OrchidsStężyca (100 km south of Warsaw)
About JMP Flowers
JMP Flowers is Poland’s biggest privately owned flowers producer. The JMP Flowers greenhouse complex, with an area of 18 ha, has been equipped with a wide range of technological facilities and a combined heat and power system, making its production effectively self-sufficient in this respect. The company is specialized in the production of high quality orchids, roses and anthurium. JMP Flowers also manages the largest proprietary wholesale network in Poland, with a total of 15 branches supplying fresh flowers to Polish flower shops.
The orchid greenhouse is one of the world’s most technically advanced and able to create a near-perfect subtropical climate. Every plant goes through a series of climate stages differing in temperature, humidity and irrigation intensity. For its Production Technology Department, due to the strong development of the company, we are currently looking for a Grower Manager Orchids who will be responsible for the production of the orchids.
Manage the production of the orchids in a state of the art production facility.
- Ensure the production of high quality orchids, control the growing speed in order to align production with the sales plan.
- Manage the work planning of your department. Manage a team of engaged team leaders and plant specialists.
- Control the climate in the greenhouse. Optimize the costs of used energy without losing on production and quality.
- Monitor the orchids in the different climate stages and steer crop protection (biological and chemical), fertilisation, and watering.
- Provide trainings and daily guidelines to junior plant specialists. Be a motivator for your team.
- Be responsible for the quality of plants (length, flower size, amount of spikes and buds)
- Partner in variety selection processes, follow trends and keep your knowledge up to date regarding modern or innovative growing technics.
- The Grower Manager Orchids will report to the Manager of the Production Technology Department.
People oriented manager, pro-active and with in-depth insight into more complex plant growing.
- At least 3 years of managing experience in an indoor horticultural production environment (preferable orchids, or with other more complex flowers).
- Higher education (Horticulture, Biology, or related).
- Practical and agronomical knowledge of indoor growing, with a proven track record.
- Fluent in English, Polish and Russian are an asset.
- Natural leadership skills, highly goal oriented, able to motivate a team towards common goals.
- Able to pro-actively turn failures into successes, entrepreneurial and problem solving skills.
- Independent in action and decision making, responsible and with an eye for detail.
- Positive, thinking ahead and proposing effective solutions.
- Data literacy and ability to make decisions based on data.
An interesting and challenging career opportunity in an innovative and ambitious company, where values as diligence, development, team play, respect, openness, entrepreneurship and thriftiness are considered to be natural. You will get the opportunity to work with a wide range of varieties in a state of the art production environment. The company offers an attractive remuneration package with many extra’s (medical insurance, meals subsidies, personal budget for trainings), and provides accommodation assistance. The position offers a high level of autonomy and room for personal initiative and space to develop your ideas.
JMP Flowers has outsourced the Recruitment and Selection for the Grower Manager Orchids exclusively to CeresRecruitment Polska. More info about the company can be found at www.jmpflowers.pl. A personality questionnaire can be part of the recruitment process.