Business Development Manager / Team LeadErmelo
Do you want to play an active and crucial role in Protifarm’s next phase of growth? Are you a hands-on, committed and results driven professional with a sense of urgency and excellent communication and collaboration skills? Then we are looking for you!
About Protifarm, The Protein Company
Protifarm is an Agri-tech scale up riding the wave of an ongoing increasing demand for more sustainable but nutritious food. In a fully automated breeding and rearing facility, based on vertical farming and distinguishing patented processing techniques, insect larvae are converted into sustainable, high-quality, functional ingredients for the food and potentially nutraceutical industry. They bridge the gap in consumer acceptance by producing recognizable functional ingredients for everyday recipes.
The company was founded in 2015 and at its start acquired Kreca. Kreca is amongst the most recognised and respected insect producers in Europe, with in-house knowledge of and experience with the rearing of more than ten species of insects. Protifarm used the in-depth knowledge of Kreca and translated the breeding techniques into a fully automated and robotized environment for one specie, The Alphitobius diaperinus.
As part of Protifarm, Kreca continues to deliver their high quality products and services in existing feed and food markets while Protifarm further aims to serve the international food ingredient and nutraceutical industry with its innovative products and techniques.
Set the sales strategy and also lead the execution of Protifarm’s sales operation (3fte)
- Prospect and “close” new business opportunities through custom product and integrated solution selling to deliver profitable growth/ margin.
- Work closely with the CCO and Product R&D to design and implement a sales strategy for Protifarm’s business.
- Take the operational lead of the Sales & Marketing team (3 fte).
- Execute the commercial strategy for Protifarm’s products; forecast & execute sales according to the agreed sales budget and take (proactive) corrective actions where applicable at customer level.
- Execute market analysis, scan & search new customers, analyze and report on trends and developments in the ingredient market(s) that will result in the timely availability of accurate market information.
- Build commercial relationships to ‘strategic partnership’ levels, based on true customer understanding.
- Identify a portfolio of quality growth projects to deliver margin growth.
- Identify innovative, customer-focused solutions, aligned with the business.
- Report to the Chief Commercial Officer, a role being executed by the CEO.
Senior commercial professional with background in Food Ingredients and sense of urgency
- BSc. or MSc. in Food Technology, Food Business, Economics, Business Administration etc. Complemented with training courses in Leadership and/or Sales and/or Marketing Management.
- At least 5 years international B2B sales experience in Food Ingredients business, preferably in performance nutrition.
- Relevant experience in a sales or customer facing product development role, where technical understanding and expertise have actively contributed to winning new business.
- Passion for sustainable food solutions.
- Proven track record in strategic selling processes.
- Knowledge of business, product, marketing and sales principles and financial awareness.
- Fluent in Dutch and English is required and proficiency in additional languages would be preferred.
- Willingness to travel.
- Open and constructive communicator on different levels.
- Goal-oriented problem solver.
- People, change and commercial management skills.
- Conceptual and strategic thinking and selling.
- Flexible and service-oriented.
- Hands-on with sense of urgency.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Curious and ambitious.
Working at Protifarm means helping to feed the world without consuming the earth. Protifarm is constantly innovating and developing with the goal to create sustainable food production. Working at Protifarm gives you the chance to explore your capabilities and to grow with them in the ultra-exciting insect industry! You will get the opportunity to make real impact in an undiscovered field.
Protifarm has outsourced the recruitment and selection for the Business Development Manager / Team Lead exclusively to CeresRecruitment.
Comprehensive information regarding the company can be found at www.protifarm.com.
A personality questionnaire will be part of the recruitment process.