Breeder OnionThe Kwakel
About Takii Europe B.V.
Takii Europe B.V., with headquarters in De Kwakel - The Netherlands, is the European daughter company of Takii &, Company Ltd. in Japan, a family-owned seed company with a history of over 185 years. Takii Europe B.V. is a seed company specialized in the breeding, production, processing and sales &, marketing of flower and vegetable seeds. Takii Europe BV, established in 1991, is an organization with more than 150 employees in different European countries. The vegetable branch of Takii Europe is growing fast with a strong focus in onion, rootstocks, brassica-crops (white cabbage, Chinese cabbage, Kohlrabi), melon/watermelon and tomato.
We are searching for an Breeder Onion based in Takii the Kwakel, The Netherlands.
Develop new varieties with a sense for the market
- After a thorough onboarding period under the supervision of the senior breeder onion you will be responsible for the planning and execution of the breeding activities in one of the segments of the crop onion.
- After this training period, you will take over managing the onion breeding program in Holland
- You are responsible for translating the R&D crop strategy into successful product-oriented breeding projects.
- As Onion Breeder you are responsible for line and hybrid development for the onion breeding program.
- Partly responsible for testing seed production and developing well-produced varieties, among others at the locations in Spain and France.
- Analyzing and processing research data from internal and external tests.
- In this role you have intensive contacts with colleagues from R&D in the field of molecular biology and phytopathology and other departments within Takii (Product management, Sales, Production, etc.), both in the Netherlands and internationally.
- You will travel to relevant markets for trials and product evaluation.
- The Breeder Onion reports to the Head of R&D EMEA.
Experienced Vegetable breeder with multiple years’ experience
- Ba or MSc in Plant Breeding, Plant Sciences or other plant related study from an Agricultural University.
- Experience with Plant Physiology, Biochemistry, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Plant Genetics and/or Biotechnology.
- You have a vision on and knowledge of modern plant breeding including molecular techniques.
- Work experience in plant breeding preferably in onions/vegetables is a plus.
- You have an affinity with setting up and assessing field trials.
- You will travel internationally with the aim of visiting the selection fields in France and Spain.
- Experience in using breeding/statistical software.
- You are fluent in English. Spanish would be a plus.
- Innovative and creative.
- Methodical and accurate.
- Able to convert knowledge into product innovation.
- Energetic, no-nonsense mentality.
- Initiative, likes to take on responsibilities.
- Awareness of interests and can communicate easily on different levels.
- Tenacity with high commitment.
Takii offers a Breeding position in a leading onion program. You will have the opportunity to work in a R&D Focused environment with cutting edge breeding technology. Takii offers a competitive renumeration package.
Takii has outsourced the Recruitment and Selection for the position of Breeder Onion exclusively to CeresRecruitment. A personality questionnaire will be part of the recruitment process.